Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Day 5: Peer Pressure

Hey guys hows it going? Sorry I didn't right my blog earlier today, I had to go to work and make use of my time. Anyway's today's blog is about my fellow peers. For some reason everyone seems to say " Wow! No meat for 30 days? I would rather die than do that." As I mentioned before if I can do it, then any skinny person could do it. ( No offence) And you know if you know who I am, then you would think that I would pretty much think I was in a lot of pain. Truthfully, and I mean truthfully ITS NOT THAT BAD. It something that has to grow on you, and from my experience so far, after day 3 it's smooth sailing. Anyways, I was at work and I was talking to a bunch of guys, and their all picking on me, or making fun of the whole idea. As a nice, and sincere guy I laughed along with them, but deep down inside it made me feel out of plass.

Just about anything has an obstacle to it, and well I guess this experiment's obstacle is to over power youself, and your peers. If I have learned anything in the past 5 days it would be patience, and confidence. Patience because what you want to happen to your body wheather it's losing a few pounds, you neeed to allow time take it's course. And confidence because of all the difficult tasks you could run into. First, I have to admit to myself hey I'm a BIG GUY, probally bigger than your average size dude. Am I proud of that? No, I hate it, everyone is always sugar coating the truth to me by saying: "Yeah, but you have a lot of muscle." Listen, I thank you for the kind words but I know who I am and what I am. I am probally not the most attractive to girls either. But hey I need my confidence to build up in order for me to reach my goal.

Life is nothing but a lesson. A lesson we all learn from in many different way's. If my lesson is losing weight, being a vegetarian for a month, and proving people wrong what they say about me, than that's the way it is. I hate to do this but if you have ever seen a "Rocky" movie how determined do you think Rocky was when everyone said he was to small, slow, not strong enough? You see, if you give people anger to feed off of, then it makes them much more in control, goal-bound, a one-set mind. And when I reach my goal, "Eye of The Tiger" will defiantly be palying in the background, and you can quote me on that.

Day 5: Vegetarian
Breakfast:
  1. Half of bagel w/ strawberry jelly
  2. Small glass of oarnge juice

Mid-day Snack:

  1. 100 calorie gornollia bar

Lunch:

  1. Strawberry flavored yogurt
  2. Nutri-gran gornollia bar
  3. Bottle of Water

Mid-day Snack

  1. Vegi delight Sub (from Subway)
  2. Roasted peanuts
  3. Glass of Water

Dinner:

  1. Salad w/ pecan dressing
  2. Jello
  3. Yogurt
  4. Strawberrys
  5. Resses Cups (2)
  6. Bottle of Water

After-dinner Snack:

  1. Two naturegrain oeanut gornollia bar
  2. Bottle of Water

1 comment:

ConcentratingOnFallinApart said...

I have to say that your attitude about this is amazing. I wish I had that certain drive to do something like that. You're doing really good :]